Support Association of Dresden Railway Museum
Welcome to our Webseite!
The Support Association of Dresden Railway Museum supports the Dresden Railway Museum's work of "Interessengemeinschaft Bahnbetriebswerk Dresden Altstadt e.V.", who cares about preservation of historic railway vehicles and infrastructure on the area of the former Bahnbetriebswerk Dresden-Altstadt.
Main tasks of the Support Association are e.g.:
- Support of the IG organizing events (e.g. museum's opening days, Steam Engine Festival, benifit performances)
- Guided tours through the railway museum of groups and single persons in German and English
- Collecting donations for preservation of historic railway vehicles and infrastructure
- Organization of support by support members
- Operational preservation of the historic electric loco E 77 10 "Elli"
- Operational reconditioning of the steam loco 89 6009 "Sprudelsusi"
- Support establishment of Dresden Museum Train (Feasibility study)
If you want to support us and help us to preserve railway history in Dresden, please become a support member: